Wednesday, May 31, 2006

makin dough, but don't call me dough boy...

Ok, check it out... If you happen to do a Google search for me, well, guess who pops up on the top 2... Thats right, Me.. or Trey... well, you know what I mean...
The weird thing is that there is a person who's name really is Trey Wafer. He apparently works for 3com. I have known this for a while, but you know, I was slippin in below the radar, so no harm, eh... and I really mean no harm... it is just my Nom de plume... I imagine it happens all the time, but I imagine a lot of things... right now I am imagining that Samuel Clemmons was sitting down havin' a drink or two and came up with Mark Twain, and then he got published and some dude was all like, Hey Asshole, my name is Mark Twain... WTF... Or when Francois Marie Arouet was sitting down drinking some Absinthe with some other dudes and they were all loaded and he's all like, you know what would be fucked up? If I published everything under the name Voltaire... yeah.. what a hoot...
So yeah, that is what I am imagining... Hey... he didn't, oh yes he did... He just compared himself to Mark Twain and voltaire... that sly devil... slippin it all in like that...
So really, no harm dude... but if it comes right down to it, I am ready to change my name... I have a couple ideas... I could be Big Chief Banos, or I could be Corky Buttfinger, or I could be Eric E. Strada (heh, or The Shadow of Romeo), or Loamy Shoals...

So, I had this dream last night... You know those dreams that leave you with something all day... like a nightmare that you just can't shake... you have this feeling all day, like there is/was something there... well, so I had this dream... I was doing some shit, then I was at the beach, it was beautiful, I was pretty relaxed, there was this platform, nice and smooth, about 15 ft. above the beach, and right over the waves... there were people there, my lovely wife was there... and I was kinda looking out over the water and waiting and there is this gal swimming around below us and she looks up at me and says "Neko isn't coming" and I was all like, "But she was supposed to" and the gal just kinda shrugged and went off... I looked over at my wife and she gave me this "I'm sorry baby" look... and I was left with this empty feeling, this feeling of longing... not sure what the expectation was, but it wasn't met, you know what I mean?
So I was thinking about this on the bus today, thinking, hey, wouldn't it be great to meet Neko? I probably could... She is going to be in Town in July, could email her, all sorts of stuff... but I will most likely not take the effort... What would I have to say... I love your music? Remember when you sang that one song? That was great! I think you are beautiful and want to have wild sex with you although I really have no idea what you are really like and you could be a complete skank but in my mind you are an angel so please don't abuse me? No, Really... What the hell is there to say to someone... I can only think of really one or two people that I would really go way out of my way to be in the presence of... Ahh, but perhaps I am being short sighted...
Perhaps, if I took the effort, say to meet up with Neko (we will just use her as an example)... perhaps I would say Hi and she would say Hi, and I would say, hey, you are Neko Case and she would say, yep, and I would say, hey I love your music, and she would say thanks and I would shake her hand and think it is smaller than I imagined it would be, and we could have a beer together and strike up a nice conversation... talk about things, you know, I could tell her about my wife and kids, she could tell me about being on the road, you know, just talk... I suppose it could happen...
Or I could walk up to her and she could assume I was a stalker or worse, pay no attention to me, maybe lash out with a sharpie and scribble on my forearm...

Eh, I have a point here somewhere... somewhere...

My wife and I appear to belong to the Mutual Admiration Society... She rocks my world more than I could ever really say. I have tried to explain it, but I end up getting lost in the in some dream about stars and trees and something about hugging sand, I don't know...

Someone said something about me being prolific, and whenever I hear that I imagine that they mean I have a lot of, uh, gism... heh, say it, but in a little whisper so noone will hear you... naughty...

Ok, I am gonna end this before I trail off into nothingness...
Your mission today is to listen to the following songs:
Bass Hump by Dub Narcotic Sound System
Check Yourself by Ice Cube
I wanna do something freaky to you by Leon Haywood
Star Witness and Hold on Hold on by my future concubine Neko Case (the bible says its ok) which you can download by right clicking and saving as whatever you want...