Wednesday, August 23, 2006

There is a place in the sun for anyone that has the will...

Ahh, if you've got a bad attitude today, raise your hand...
You, yes, you... Ninja in the corner, I see you have your hand up... what seems to be the problem?
Me, using my ninja skills, burn holes of hate into him with my eyes... uhh, him being me in this internal dialog, does that mean I am filled with self loathing?
Negative, ghost rider...
Had a negative day yesterday, not positive... which, of course, left me stewing in my own juices, and unlike slow cooking pork, which is delicious by the way, slow cooking me is not... it really is a shame, cause I am Tasty (note the capital T)... so I go rollin' into today with a self fullfilling prophesy of hate and unhappiness...
Dude, I am trying to work myself out of this funk...
Got my hand down my pants and am trying to picture my happy spot (well, technically I am at that place where I spend all my time so actually I have my thumb up my ass)...
Listening to some good tunes, Morrissey and the Smiths, Tragically Hip, Janes Addiction, Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, The Cure... uhh, others...
That solo Live Morrissey, Live at Earls Court, let me just say, it is fantastic... he is totally on I tell you...
The Hip... Vienna Giftshop, Apartment Song, ahh... Grace too...
Janes Addiction - 3 days... Dude, when I hear that song I still travel back about 15 years to this one night in Seatac... I remember it was warm, their was foil on the walls of this apartment, drinkin' and smokin with some new friends... very mellow but it always sticks there...
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Where have all the rude boys gone... if you are my wife and you are reading this, you will find this song on the computer... you should listen to it...
The Cure... I think that Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me is their best album ever... If only tonight we could sleep, Like Cockatoos, Just like heaven... damn...
Oh, Radiohead... wow, do people realize how cool they are? Apparently...
and a blah blah blah...
**
Hey, raise your hand if you haven't smoked since early May!!!
You, yes, you... Ninja in the corner... good for you. Hard to throw a ninja star with one hand and hold a smoke in the other hand... your skills are growing daily...
**
Speaking of Ninja's and the Smiths... chatted briefly with a chick I used to work with... it was pretty random, but I seem to remember that she had misplace judgement when it came to which Smiths/Morrissey song was the best one in the world... I can't remember now, but if I had to start the debate again I would tell her that Hand in Glove or Hitchhikers of the World Unite or Handsome Devil is probably at the peak of freshness... I decline to debate solo Morrissey vs. the Smiths... it is too sad...
Anyhow, she has a blog at
HERE
She is pretty cool and I like her pictures... how come mine are all fuzzy all the time but hers seem to be crisp and clear? I blame my camera... I think it is time for some disastrous calamity to happen to the Fuji... My photo ninja skills are sound, it must be the equipment...
Anyway, from what I remember of this chick (it has been a few years, yo) we had some conversations, I seemed to be coming from more of a liberal standpoint or something... and something about her husband being 3 1/2 feet tall or something... but cool, you know, tiny but cool... I can't really remember... it was one of those deals where you ain't really buddies or anything, you respect each other and are willing to argue with each other without it getting to personal or holding a grudge... at least that is how I remembered it... and I guess she is willing to randomly speak with me, so I must not have been too big an ass... it is kinda like I have a friend or something...
Hey, friend! Hello!!!

**
Oh, and Hey... I am feeling better... I may go for a walk later...
Funny, how sometimes you can get all agitated and let things build up and there doesn't seem to be a way out and then it all melts away or, looking back, in retrospect, it ain't that bad... it ain't that bad...