Friday, September 08, 2006

ladies and gentlemen, let it be known, Trey Wafer is... Dirty...

Yehaaahh...
So the booty just keeps on coming.
Yesterday the red shoes show up. I will begin wearing them next week and retire the burkies to the dark recesses of summer... It may be time to burn them and start over.
Today, according to my tracking information, my 5.1 surround speakers should be delivered, and perhaps the new video card I ordered (where the hell is my hard drive???). My life will finally be complete and I can die.
Did I win the lottery? NO, just cashed out this piece of crap account I had at Morgan Stanley... they are on my evil list... I will have to detail the list out again... anyhow, yeah, cashed it out with the hope that we would use the money to pay off a bunch of bills and such, buy a car, etc...
So far we have bought a car (see the post about the Cordoba you short attention span bastards) and I believe we paid off one of the credit cards... and bought a bunch of shit... heh...
**Side Note:
Goddamn organic Honest Tea bastards. Now, when you buy from the big boys they always leave some room at the top so when you open the bottle it doesn't overflow, or you don't have to bend over it like some hooker to suck the top of the bottle off... Honest Tea, they fill theirs to the very literal top of the bottle, unbeknownst to ME... so I unscrew it and move in for the kill and BAM!!! dribbles down the side, right onto my package (everything ends up on my package, something about a big target or something) and now it looks like I have pee issues. Great... only 8 more hours to go)
**End Tirade**
So I have a feeling that the money will slowly disappear into whatever spot money seems to go to... uh, food and living or something... which seems appropriate, so I guess I am not really bitching, but giving a big hooray or something... don't mind me today...
**
So apparently I am not the only soul out there that is not really a burning man fan. I really wasn't looking for anyone to back me up, but quite the opposite, I was looking for someone or something to fill me in... did a simple search for Burning Man and came across some sites with negative feedback. I could probably go on and on about how I can see their point and eventually end up in some stupid ass debate about how I am an asshole and have no idea what I am talking about, which is apparently what happens when you disagree with burning man, but I hope not to.
I will say, though, that apparently, my impression is, that it is a lot like The Evergreen State College. People wanting to be "outside" the establishment and doing art for the sake of art, until you either ignore them or disagree with them or dislike them for some reason. Then they fight hard to be accepted for who they are, and not oppressed or something, which usually results in some sort of statement involving menstrual blood and crying trees.
Generally speaking, the people that appear to be going to BM are people who can afford it, so not really the fringe folks, but corporate types that have discretionary income that allows them to take a week off and rent a RV and/or afford thousands of dollars in art/welding supplies so they can go out in the desert with a bunch of other people who have done the same thing and then go back to their normal lives and talk about how they did it and can't wait to do it again.
Ahh, yeah, well, anyhow... I was able to find words that backed up my opinions of the whole issue, which is "right" for me, others may disagree and you know, that's fine... we don't have to agree or even respect each others opinions, or like each other... as a matter of fact, screw you... in advance...
***
I Hate List:
Starbucks - Bad Coffee
Morgan Stanley - Bad Money Management
Hippies - Dirty Bastards
Spelling Nazis - Dirty Bastards
Nazi Nazis - Dirty Bastards
Current government (federal) - Nazis
Current Government (Seattle) - Bad mayor
Morning Bus Driver - late, late, late
Chick from Starbucks on the afternoon bus - talk talk talk
Did I mention hippies?
Tom Cruise - TCLTC
Most of the Kent Station - Restaurants - Bad, Breakdancing young people - Good, Preaching Christians - Bad, Hot topic and Jamba Juice - Good,
***
Oh, yeah, dude, I was going to mention, Kent Station, right... Well, we were down there, me and the lovely family, the other day, ate at the noodle place, and then just kind hangin out...
Well I heard this noise out one ear and it was these jesus types with a microphone and a bunch of presents and a small ladder and they were talking about jesus and god and stuff... I was all like, WTF? and they had a small gathering around them, apparently people that they had brought with them to agree with them or something, so apparently you could get up and talk about stuff if you wanted and when you were done you got to pick out a present... I was perturbed...
BUT, then, out of my other ear, I was hearing this techno music, and there, over by the theaters (by the fountain thingy) were these dudes BREAK DANCING. Holy shit, it was so cool. These dudes were doin' shit I couldn't believe, well, I could believe, but I was amazed by, yes, amazed...
Dudes would stand on their hands then like spin around in circles on one hand... they would be all leaping and jumping and shit... damn... Even saw some poppin and lockin, not real good, but I didn't want to go up and school them on that... But they were competing against each other and stuff, all friendly like... it was like in Zoolander when they were doing the walk off... really... DUDE, I went and got a Jamba Juice and came back and stood there watching them for a long long time... it rocked...
Next time I am going to hit the dilettante and get me some coffee/chocolate love and just kick back with the kids...
**
So these preacher dudes, they were all like talking about how the Bible says this and the Bible says that and obviously if it says it it is true... some young dude was going on about how ya'll think you have the key to get into heaven but what if it is not the right key and he told some story I have heard before about these dudes playing poker in a burning building and they ended up dying because they didn't have the right key... I totally had a point I was going to make about that... but it really ended up with me screaming screw you and crying...
Then, this other dude got up and started talking about marriage and how it can only really be between a man and a woman, and it always amazes me that people actually believe this and base it:
A) emotionally - because the bible says so, otherwise it is evil, and what about the chirrens
b) intellectually - what about the chirren, gay marriage would never work because of the lifestyle, what if someone wants to marry their horse, it will cause insurance rates to go up
And they go on and on and I typically have no rebuttal because it is so ignorant that I can't find the simple words to, uh, rebut...
It really is discrimination... there is no argument that can rise above the fact that it is fueled by fear and hatred...
Really, I was in total amazement, on one side these dudes were experiencing freedom and happiness and everyone was digging it, on the other side these dudes were preaching about taking away freedom and happiness and how people are evil if they don't agree... actually, I kinda like that part... they make me feel dirty...

***
Oh, yeah, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, mp3 freeness...
They are my current new favorite and will be appearing at the Austin City Limits Music Festival... Now THAT I can get behind... OMG