Thursday, September 07, 2006

not to be confused with

Dude,
I am totally starting and stopping and second guessing myself...
I remember last year at this time, there seemed to be a general slow down of bloggin activity... could it be some sort of seasonal affect? The changing of the season is changing my perception and attitude and shit? Holy Shit!!! Did I just discover something? Like Christopher Columbus discovering America even though there were already thousands or aboriginals already here/there? Am I the kind of stating the obvious? Shoot...
I don't know, I feel a definate resistance inside me, like that brain cloud is an iron curtain, inhibiting any creative thought... great googly mooglies... there is really only a couple cures I know of for a malaise such as this... some good lovin' and/or something else... I can't remember... but good lovin' is a general cure all for, uh, everything...
So, at this point I am waiting to see:
1) What technique will Chuck Fishback use to finally pull the plug on his relationship with the generally disagreeable current?
2) Who is this mystery co-worker that Red Bear went to a going away party for?
3) How much is it going to cost to fix up the Cordoba?
4) Uh, other things and stuff...
Really, my creative juices are kinda, dry...


**
Ok, so this chick, right, she was telling me about this fear of hers, it involves the end times as prophesised in that book, whats it called? The Bible...
I think...
Well, apparently, there is something about the end of times, and like some of the signs are a single currency and one religion and high gas prices or something (dude, RFID is the devil)...
So, her fear is that the evil muslims will win or something and we will all be stood up against the wall and they will ask us something about jesus and if you say something about jesus being the man and mohammed being not the man then they will kill you... I am not sure what happens then...
and thats cool... some people are scared to poop in public restrooms, some people are scared of muslims, its all good, I can't fault her for that (now, her stand on bush, don't get me started)...
So anyway, I was all like, what if the one religion that wins in Buddhism? Like all the Buddhist monks would line ya'll up and say, HEY!!! What's up with Jesus? and ya'll would say, HEY!!! Jesus is the man!!! and the monks would be all like, OK, then, you just go with that... although there IS a better way, oh, and could you spare some food?
Now, what ya'll should be doing is like, when they line you up, and they say HEY!!! What's up with Jesus? you should answer something like, I don't know, just bark... Do something really Zen... then go about your business... wouldn't that be something... the end times from the bible is just like a bunch of people becoming enlightened... christianity becomes redundant, the churches fall... hell yeah, I can't wait for the end of times...
I think I remember something about some people getting pulled up into heaven or something, whats that called? The gloaming or something? Uh, no, apparently not.. Rapture? is that it... Wouldn't that be sweet? Like a bunch of christians getting pulled like old milk and then all that is left is like, cool people, enlightened and peaceful brothers and sisters all getting along again... with HH running the show, unless that kid in India really is the buddha...
Wha-wha-what???
For real, dude... check it out...


***
Dude,
Another burning man, come and gone... I think about it, sometimes, but there is something so Evergreen about it I just get the twitches... to be honest, I don't see the spirituality in a drum circle, I don't get the fire spinning thing beyond trippin' and looking at the pretty colors, and I am not sure I really understand the concept of building up a big "man" and burning him at the end...
I can dig the art cars, or a random installation, and although I haven't the vision to invent one I could probably be pretty handy with my hands in building one... Organizing a tent village, I could do that... a theme? hell, I am full of themes... Pork comes to mind... oh, and the getting loaded... I can support that... but the concept I have the most trouble with is... get this... TIME... I haven't the time to consider this... it gives me a headache just thinking about it... and then imagining being there for a week and having to be ON for that long, enjoying everyone and everything... Yes, that is a very fancy thing you made... WOW, look at that fire spinning. No, I am not looking at your boobs... stuff like that, over and over and over... I would be like, done with it after 1 or 2 days, tops...
I am in no way trying to say that the people that enjoy it are mental or something... I know that people have a different sense of things than I do. I know that there is something about community and or nature that I am just not digging, and you know what, I salute those people... BRAVO to you... I just ain't a festival guy... or a people person... or really into moving...


***
So, yesterday was "first day of school" for apparently everyones child. It has been mentioned that it should be a national day off, like a holiday, or something... I know of several people that took the day off or partially off... Some for the very first day of school ever, others even though this is like the 4th first day of school ever... me, I went to the place where I spend all my time...
SO... This one little girl, what did she learn on her first day? She learned to "LIE" to her parents...
Apparently she made up this story about there being this 14 year old dude in her kindergarten class with a mustache and smoking pot and drinking beer, who was throwing airplanes and disrupting things, so the teacher was all like, HEY, Get your ass out of here, and the dude was all like, Lick It, teach... and the teacher grabbed him by the nutsack and hauled him out into the hallway and made him sit there crying...
Now this didn't really happen, and this little girls parents were all like, WTF?!? at first, and were going to call the police and stuff, but at the last minute they were able to figure out that the little girl made the whole thing up out of spite and such, so she was punished HARD CORE...
Now, in an alternate universe, say, mine or, what I like to call "reality" I would say that this little girl used what we call "imagination", and at my house, that and a burp or a good fart joke will get you an extra slice of pie...
Now, I have heard of other people taking the day off... some were on pins and needles because they sent their child to public school after years of Montessori... Another story I heard was of this gal taking the day off to take their child in to their very first day of school and their GODDAMN MOTHER IN LAW decided SHE wanted to go too... like she has some sort of vested interest in this child.. back off, bitch... and then this other gal, she took her kid to her first day of school, then went home and sat on the couch...
I am going to take the first day of school off next year for the little vikings first day... then go home and make the sweet sweet love all day long with the lovely wife... if she is up for it... Broad Daylight, people... yeah...