Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Happy B-Day my little viking

Dude,
My youngest daughter is totally 5 years old today.
To bring you up to speed, 5 years ago today:
1) I had a dream about white elephants, which is supposed to be good luck but also represents the coming typhoon season (hhhmmmnn)
2) We had a home birth, at home, in a rented hottub, with 2 midwives, a doula and 1 mother-in-law in attendance.
3) I only seem to remember the labor lasting 5-10 minutes, but I have been repeatedly told this is not the case... I think I only count the 5-10 minutes that there was active screaming and cussing.
4) I drank Dom Perignon (a nice '92 vintage, it was yummy)
There were some other memorable moments from that day that I will not bother to mention but I still think about now and again...
She is totally tough and way to smart for her own good, and when I say "her" own good, I really mean "MY" own good... I just hope she uses it for good and not evil.
She is enjoying daddy lately, which is a plus... for a while there she was just putting up with me, but she is very loving lately.
Oh, she has "walking pneumonia" right now, which apparently is either a virus or that other thing, something like a virus but you do or don't treat with antibiotics.. I can't remember, and neither can the dr apparently as they have her on antibiotics and a inhaler (which she thinks is REALLY cool). Of course her having this illness makes us bad parents, and most likely also infected with this thing...
Sometimes I sit and I think that it is pretty wild, that there was NOT this little person, then there was... and this little person could not do anything, and now she can... couldn't walk, but somehow was able to learn to balance on 2 legs and move about and now she runs all over the place... Couldn't talk, but now she makes perfect sentences in a cute little voice and uses words that for the life of me I don't know where she got them from... Ok, some of them I know she got from her mom... and this little person that couldn't do anything for herself now does not want any help doing things (unless it is something she doesn't want to do then I suddenly come in handy)... I don't know, it is just a trip... and I guess the bigger trip is that I (ME) am supposed to be their guide... they look to ME for guidence (ME?!?) and they will end up however they end up because of what I do and how I do it, to a large extent... damn...
It is very much true... I can see my family blood coursing through their veins, the little things that make them one of me, or us, or something... You know, Crazy...

Labels: