Monday, January 08, 2007

Random Acts of Self Love...

1) Had this dream over the weekend, it was strange and I hope I describe it in a way that makes you think I am really cool...
So there were people that I work with all over the place, a big wide open room, right, and there was something about doing laundry and I was trying to get all the whites together for a load and all of a sudden I am in the shower... It was open on all 4 sides, but surrounded by a shower curtain... I could see people milling about outside and pulled back the curtain a couple times to look around... I thought about getting out of the shower but decided I was enjoying it so I stayed in the shower... Then I thought, you know, something is kinda strange about this, something ain't quite right, and I looked around the shower and could see people milling about outside, but for the life I couldn't figure out what it was... everything seemed to be normal, and I looked around the shower and tried to focus, but yeah, no, nothing I could put my finger on...
So, yeah, that was it...

2) Things that are NOT on my Shit list...
a) Nong Shim Bowl Noodle - Kimchi flavor...
b) Poverty Bay Coffee - Best Damn Coffee that I know of...
c) Viso Beverages - YUM and Ooomph all rolled into one. I like the "WILL" version, sugar free, 0 calories, lots of vitamins and my favorite part, 300mg (you read that right) of Caffeine. Jurgaburgawhaaa!!!
d) WWTDD - When I need to know what Britneys bagina is looking like lately, or how big a whore (instert favorite celebrity whore) is, or just generally need to see pictures of Jessica Alba in a bikini, I go here... A big plus is that the dude that does the writing is frigging Funny!!! Second place would be The Superficial... I must say, though, that it bothers me that this pop culture whoopty doo has a place in my life, I mean, really, why do I care???
e) I am really into my wife clothes - not literally, although I wouldn't mind getting in her pants (boom boom cha)... Really though, she got these new pants at Old Navy, they are stretchy jeans or something, and when she puts them on I am all like, Yeah... but then, she has these Dickies pants and when she puts those on I am all like, Yeah... and she wears these sweaters and these shirts and stuff and I am all like WOW... She looks really really good in clothes... which is ironic since I always want to get her out of them... funny that... I am funny...

***
I told the person that told me the secret that I had told the secret to someone else... she was secretly thrilled... so it all worked out for the best...

***
Uhh, there is a bar in NY, Paris, Beirut, Dubai and Barcelona... This is ok, it is Irony or something and the Buddha would probably just shrug his shoulders or something... maybe suggest that hanging out there is not something that should be done all the time, heck, I am only partially enlightened, I am not sure...
BUT, and I double checked this... There is no Jesus Bar anywhere that I can find... I think I can rightly reckon that if someone tried to name their bar the Jesus Bar there would be some major freaking out... That just ain't right, you can't blasphem the lord in that way (uh, he IS supposed to be a lord or something, isn't he? or just the son of a lord or something?)...
Now, I could go 2 or 3 or 10 different ways on this, act all outraged or something, but you know... well, let me illustrate in a non linear random abstract kinda way:

This dude is Mahasiddha Virupa... Mahasiddha is, well, look HERE... Virupa is the dudes name...
OK, so there is a story, about him, where he had been up in the hills or wherever being all severe and austere and stuff, when he had a vision that he was supposed to give that up and hit the road, so he hit the road... He ended up going to a bar (see the tie-in) where he had a beer, then another, and another... He was drinking so much the barmaid was afraid he would not be able to pay up... He told her not to worry about it and he would pay when the sun came up (or it hit high noon, the story varies)... Of course you can probably guess what happens next... He either reached up or simply pointed at the sun and stopped it in its tracks... He continued drinking for 3 days, at which time the local king came and was all like, Hey, what the hell, and he paid the bar tab for his holiness and returned the world to normal... true story, yo...
This dude is also the main man in the Sakya tradition... they consider themselves to be the main holders of his teachings... and everyone knows the Sakyas ROCK!!!
So drinking has been known to lead to spiritual enlightenment... but there are many paths... etc. etc...

Labels: ,