Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Phoned this one it... probably pointless...

There is a whole bunch of stuff down there... pretty random, really...
All I really meant to say is that I hope it snows like a mf'er tonight, really serious foul weather stuff, Antartica kinda cold and white out conditions... and we have to resort to eating our pets or neighbors or neighbors pets... and I am crowned King of the winterland... I will rule with a firm yet gentle hand, if you know what I mean...
Yeah...

**
The cool thing about Buddhism is that there are no real absolutes... No ultimately right or wrong answer. Buddha means the enlightened one. He figured it all out, for him. He sat down and told people what he figured out, but he pretty much said that you have to do what you need to with this information if you want to get to the same point... Not to mean that if you do the same thing as he did you will get to the same point, but... uh, how about this...
A dude makes a cake, it is the best cake in the world, tastes fantastic. You ask him: how did you do that? He tells you the ingredients he used, how he mixed them together, how long he cooked it for, at what temperature he cooked it, and there you go.
Now you can take this information, and try to it out for yourself, but you won't end up with the same cake. It will be different. It might be tasty, just as tasty as the other dudes, but it won't be the same. This is not a bad thing, it is just YOUR way... that is kinda the way the path to enlightenment is... There are some things you need to realize, some actions you ought to take, and you may very well end up in the same place, but it won't be the same... but it will be cool...
What is your reward at the end? Well, the reward IS the reward... How Zen is that... You know that deal, where someone gets all smartass and asks what the sound of one hand clapping is? and that is usually where it ends? With someone waving their hand around in the air or saying that there is no answer? Well, there is an answer, it is a big ass huge answer... The question is the first step in a path... You can check it out HERE if you are so inclined...
It goes on and on, and I really have no point, there are just things I remember... The path is the destination... I think this means that it is not really where you are going but how you get there... how you get there dictates where you end up, you dig...
Uh, After you cross the river you do not take the boat with you, the boat was the tool that got you across the river but not something you carry with you... you know what I mean... don't hold on to what was useful in the moment or something, move on and grow from it...
Lets see, there is that one, your finger is not the moon, or don't confuse your pointing finger with the moon... I am not really sure what that means, but it is HUGE... thats about it...

***
Well, I had this dream last night...
Check this out...
Me and the family were going into these big ass fancy houses, looking at them or something, it didn't seem like we were house shopping or anything, and some of the houses had people in them. I remember one of the houses had a nice old couple and we were going all over the house and they were very friendly about it... The house was huge, at least 3 floors, etc... So I was going up these stairs from the bottom (basement) to the second floor and I found this giant white pill on the floor... It looked like it could be broken into 3 pieces and on the back was all sorts of writing, couple sentences, and none of it made sense, so I put it in my pocket... Found the family and moved on to this other house, it was beautiful, ginormous... really really big...
I loved it... it was furnished a bit, but sparse... I remember going into this one bedroom and decided it would be mine... it was bigger than my apartment, had a bed in the corner and a couple cozy chairs and some big windows that overlooked this gorge or something. I remember being a little freaked out about this because I went to the window and looked out and it was a LONG way down, over these big rocks, and it looked like the house was built out over the edge... This was not good. Then I noticed a door and I went to open it and told the kids to get back because I assumed the door would open to nothing, just wide open air... So I openned it and there were some steep stairs leading down into the gorge... it looked kinda pretty down there so we decided to go down. I started down the stairs but the girls started climbing down the rocks... I decided to follow... So they were climbing down when all of a sudden I see the Noner fall forward, head first into some rocks... I was all like, HOLY SHIT and ran down to her... She wasn't crying but I could see the top of her head was split and she was bleeding pretty bad... Although she didn't know it...
So I carried her back up to the top and was trying to figure out what to do... We went in the house and my lovely wife decided that we had to do some laundry before we left... I was trying to be patient but the Noner was kinda just laying there and was bleeding pretty good... We finally got on the road but I had no idea where we were so I started driving west. We got to a little town but it was obvious that there were no real medical services, so we kept going and got to this other town and found a little clinic but they said they couldn't help, they weren't equipt for this sort of injury... They told me to go back the other way for a while and there was a big town with a hospital, they told me to tell the people at the hospital that I was Greek so I would get better service... I didn't understand what the hell was up with that but figured I HAD to do it...
I pretty much woke up at this point, but I still have this feeling that the Noner is hurt and/or bleeding and I am supposed to be doing something about it... is that sad?

Labels: , ,