Monday, February 05, 2007

dreams I drempt I had...

I probably didn't sleep too well last night, although I feel well rested. I remember dreaming, and enjoying it and trying to control it a bit, see how far I could take it. I don't remember much, but I remember something about being Augusten Burroughs and I had written a book and sent it to a publisher with the expectation that it would be made into a movie. I was fully expecting this to happen but I got a call from the publisher and they told me I sucked. I didn't understand, and they told me there weren't gonna be no movie, and I started thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that, yeah, the book sucked, it had no cohesion, no real focus, and I though, hmmm.
The rest of the dreams were scattered here and there. I remember being in my parents back yard and looking over the fence and seeing a dog chasing a Guinea pig, but the Guinea pig made it through a hole in the fence and I went running for it and it turned into a cat and I was all, DAMN! and there were some other random parts, real adventure... no booty though.
I was hoping I was going to have a dream where I was Billy Idol and there were a bunch of mermaids I wanted to get it on with but they wouldn't let me so I end up doing it with a married woman that had been a fan of mine FOREVER and was throwing herself at me... but I didn't...
Things I have dreampt about that I occasionally think about:
1) Sometimes I have a need to shoot a gun and invariably, in my dreams, I can either not pull the trigger or I do pull the trigger but the bullets move real real slow.
2) I often dream I am falling backwards off of something and am looking up as I fall and then I land on my back... not usually from great heights, say a tree house or a small cliff.
3) Sometimes I used to dream I was running. I was able to run up or down mountains and then jump real high and land softly and continue running, almost like flying but more like a controlled leap... it was cool.
4) I often dream I am doing drugs, random real or imagined drugs... but I don't get high and it is usually not about doing the drugs per se, but overcoming the fear associated with doing it. It may be something I have done many times, or something I have never heard of, but I often fear the loss of control or something, but somehow find the courage... typically there is just disappointment in the end, funny how courage works sometimes.
5) Sometimes I have these dreams, where I get into these situations where I find people doing things and I am all like, "HEY!" and they are like "What?", but they say "what" like I am a hopeless retard and have obviously missed the point... the point being that I am a hopeless retard and it is over, or I should get over it, or it is about to be over... these are usually confusing and sad... and I usually end up crying about "I didn't know!!!"
6) I never dream of unicorns, or bumblebees, but I often dream of cats... evil evil cats that claw onto my arm or leg and I can't shake them off no matter how much I pound them against floors and walls and stuff... once I dreampt that there were something like 12 kittens all clawed onto me... it was horrible...
7) Once I dreampt I met Darth Vader in the mensroom and couldn't go pee in front of him and ended up wetting the bed... this was a LONG time ago...
8) I used to dream about the backroom of this grocery store and standing at the bottom of this long dark stairwell and there were monsters all over, like mummies and shit, and they were walking around real slow and I was running all over the place to get away from them but I never knew if they were just around the corner or about to come in the door... and I always end up going up the stairs and then I am trapped because I can't go back down because THEY are down there...
9) Once I dreampt I was "doing it" with my wifes sister, but I didn't want to be but she was enjoying herself so much and I couldn't get away... I was pretty disgusted by the whole thing but I had to go along with her "yes, that was nice, thank you"... I think I woke up from that dream so... so...
10) Oh, dude, I dream about my first car ALL THE TIME... '74 Ford Mustang II... I dream I am looking for it, or driving it, or putting gas in it, shifting gears, or messing with the stereo or opening the trunk... yeah... the trunk is always damp because there is beer spilling or wet things in it... duh.. sigh, I miss that car...

Labels: