Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Finally... a post with some heart or something

Everything is different now... really different... it is hard to explain, mostly because I am tired and confused, but, lets see what happens...
Ahh, shit... I am trying to think of something witty to say but it just ain't coming...
Let me tell you what... I am tired, they have us starting class at 8am but I get there somewhere around 7:20... then we do shit all day and end up getting out at like 5:20 this afternoon... whats that, like 14 hours or something, right? I get home at 6:20, then... and I am supposed to be doing homework or something, oh, on my sweet ass new laptop... with the AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-Core Processor... so thats pretty cool...
So working 14 hours a day and also having my entire world turned upside down, damn, it takes a lot out of you... I ride the bus clear down to the heart of downtown, which is pretty cool... check it out... I get off the bus outside the Seattle Library and go down hill 5 blocks... the hill is hella steep, it hurts my calves (or calfs, whatever) and I pass by all these hotels and restaurants and when I go by this one place I always smell bacon cooking... nice...
so I walk a block and stop, wait for the light to change, walk a block and stop, several times... and there are all these other people doing the same thing, but in all sorts of other directions, and we all look FANTASTIC... actually, no, many of THEM are not the beautiful people... you see the strangest things down there, and I swear, down there on the corner of first and madison there was a puddle of man juice laying there, you know, man juice... uhh... Oh, dude, there is an Aveda store RIGHT FRIGGIN THERE like a block from my office, can you believe it? I am gonna hit them up one of these afternoons... I love their pomade... and we can't all have fantastic naturally shiny hair like Kitten Chow has (I told her this the other day, so she won't be suprised, but to be honest, I only felt comfortable telling her because my lovely wife was there to run interference so Kitten wouldn't turn up the charm and try to seduce me again, cause, you know, some people will take any little bit of attention that I give them as an open door and, well, you know...) uhhh...
So I go into this fancy ass brick building and there is a security guard there, in a uniform and everything, I don't know his name yet, but I will... anyhow, the top 2 floors of our building is these million dollar condos, with a private elevator and balcony gardens, etc... I don't make it up quite that high... only up to the 8th floor... but it is really fancy up there... DUDE... Chuck Fishback has probably the most fantastic desk in the city... if his desk was a hotel room they would charge $1200 a night and people would be humping there ALL THE TIME... it is that sweet... looks over the water, towards Alki... I will get some pictures... my desk, when I finally get to it, looks towards the north and I will have this fantastic view of the top of this other building, and seagulls and shit... uhh, other buildings and stuff... except I will have to get up and turn 180 degrees and look past the dude with the missing index finger and the scar running across his forehead... for real... well, maybe not the scar... anyhow... uhhh... my desk is nice...
then I spend hour after hour sitting and learning about sales or something, but I keep telling them I am not in sales, but they only have the one class, and I HAVE to go through training, so actually I stopped telling them I am not in sales and just do as I am told... but let me tell you, this fancy ass product that I will be doing things with is ROCKIN' and I can't wait to do things with it... and if it is as rockin as I say it is this place is going to explode... hell ya...
I was talking to this dude that I used to work with and now work with again who is NOT Chuck... at Ivers... where we were having lunch... and he made me feel real good about the decision I made to come over and also made me feel that I was not crazy for the decision making process I used... or thought process... or something... Damn, I can't believe I actually came up with so much so far...
Anyhow, when I finally leave I have to walk up up up this steep ass hill and it makes my legs hurt... and then I get to stand around with a bunch of other people and we all are facing somewhat northward as we watch for our special bus... we are like prairie dogs, all chirping and bobbing and weaving and shit... more interesting people, watch your ass, yo... bus finally shows up, usually just after I have given up hope of ever getting home and wondering if I am going to end up sleeping on the street and will I get raped or something... bums find me sexy... they want to touch me... there are misc other undefinable people milling about that would also probably try to have unsolicited anal sex with me if I found myself downtown after dark... luckily for me, right after giving up hope the bus usually shows up...
then I come home, and then I have to do it all over again... and again, and again...
but, once I get out of training, if I can actually pass this test that they are threatening me with, I will probably start going in at 6:30 or 7 and leave at 3:30 or so... it will be great... uhhh... damn, yeah...
if you are sitting there wondering why I haven't mentioned YOUR name or if I miss YOU... damn, aren't we the selfish one... I am sure I do... for real... and shit...