Thursday, July 20, 2006

bringin on the heartbreak

Sometimes, only some Depeche Mode will do...
That is what I was thinking, but as I sit here I got that Raconteurs song (Steady as she goes) going through my head... I was going to tell you to love them, but recently something changed... See, I was having trouble figuring out how to spell Raconteurs so did a google search, turns out I was spelling it rightly (my spelling is good)... first sight returned was the bands website.
I thought, oh, cool, now I can learn more about the band... Without going into too much detail, like how Jack White from the White Stripes is in the band, let me tell you, their site SUCKS. I am completely disenchanted by their site and now am compelled to advise you to "not love them"... BTW... the website for The White Stripes sucks too, in a similar sucky fashion, but different enough to suck on its own merits...
So love Depeche Mode instead...
***
Oh, boy... I was sitting on the bus (oh shit, here he goes again) this morning and I was looking around and I was thinking, boy do I hate these people... Not sure what the deal was... I remember looking over at this gal that gets on the bus every day wearing this australian looking hat... she always annoys me... today she was all sitting there without her hat on, she had been wearing it, but took it off... She looked really freaky... her mouth is/was really small, and it was painted on and seemed to be in a permanent frown... if not permanent then at least naturally downturned... I wanted to smack her... not sure why such strong emotions... I kinda looked around and discovered I wanted to dislike everyone there... Not sure why, again... I was wondering if I don't really "hate" these people, but am just associating their presence with going to work so am projecting or something... Can't think of any reasons to really hate anyone, except Larry Lagasa...
Although, from moment to moment I can feel the bile rising in my throat and, if I was a ture blood thirsty pirate, I would be knee deep in entrails... Knee Deep I tell you... Knee Deep...
***
I could spend hours going through Craigs List (http://seattle.craigslist.org/)
Here is one of my favorite searches at the moment
POOF
Here is another one SHABAZZ
The personals are a TON of fun... I tell you, cruising through the personals here or at the stranger give you a new found appreciation for your significant other (well, it does me)... I tell you, there should be a section for low self esteem or something... if you are trying to find yourself some action through the personals, have some balls, damn... you don't have to lie, but you definately don't have to go in to negative land either... accentuate the positive... couple of pounds on the heavy side... mention how it makes your boobs real big or something (unless you are a guy, don't mention your boobs if you are a guy)... I don't know, don't feel like puting too much effort into explaining how to snag a mate here or anywhere else... My motto always has been, if you want the woman, take the woman... thats what I always did... just took what I wanted in the true pirate fashion, except for the part where I was at sea for months at a time with no women around and had to resort to gaydom...
**
Myspace is the devil, for real... there is nothing else in the world that gives me such an immediate sense of gloom and anxiety and social menace... Stumbling accross ogrish or goatse.cx (or whatever) has little compared to myspace... Yeah, I have a myspace thingy, really only so I can look at other peoples pictures... no other real reason for it... I have found some useful info, some interesting people, people from my past and shit... but really, some things should stay buried...
Plus, what it the deal with the airing of the personal laundry??? Really now, there are like 200 million users in there, right? and you feel a need to share your most intimate personal bullshit for what reason? Oh, I am going to be secrective now and make the post only available to friends, or you can't see my profile today, but I will explain it all to you later in a personal post explaining my heartache and how if my friends were REALLY my friends they would have my back and blah blah blah... I suppose this IS your diary or something... but really, and this is what drives me nuts... posting up some super personal sad details AND a friggin PICTURE to show how REALLY sad you are (this is my sad face, now I am pensive), shit...
I would love to lay the blame on the youngsters out there not having a strong parental presence to teach them to keep their feelings balled up in the pit of their stomaches... but lots of these people are older than what I would consider kids... and should know better... damn... I could go on and on... but I have lost my rage...