Monday, September 25, 2006

gonna destroy us all...

Sometimes it all just comes together... I think...
Wasn't expecting anything this morning, if anything I woke up full of dread... it is so easy to fall back to sleep at 4am. I could do it every friggin day is what I am telling you. Somehow I don't though.
Most mornings I wake up when the alarm goes off (that's what they're for, yo) and my first thought is DAMMITT!!! and my second thought is something along the lines of how I should call in sick, sometimes my next thought is something along the lines of what would happen if I didn't do anything, just turned off the alarm and went back to sleep... I could get away with it a few times, I'm sure... call in arount 10am, sounding sad or contrite and really really sorry and shit... Kind of a sucky way to start off the day.
I remember this one job I had, somewhere, the details are fuzzy, but I seem to remember that I didn't need to set the alarm at all, would just wake up in the morning with plenty of time to get ready for work, motivate myself, you know... and I seem to remember appreciating this at the time, how I recognized that this was pretty sweet and I couldn't imagine having to play by "the mans" rules... I also seem to remember their not being any chirrens around, or any fantastically beautiful wife...
But, in the meantime, things fall apart... thus is the something something of the universe, something about tides, and how everything that rises must converge, or something about how things fall apart, oh, hold it, thats where I started...
Yeah, it is funny, but not funny ha ha... I totally feel like a leaf, floating down some rushing river, sometimes busted a move around all sorts of rocks and twigs and shit, then suddenly get hung up on some silly little something, more like slammed up against a big old boulder and then get pounded by the rushing water... the smart thing for the leaf to do would be to just let the water pound you, think of it as a massage or therapy or something... like getting raped, if it is going to happen anyhow you might as well just relax and enjoy it, eh? yeah? right??? I mean, if you know they are going to make you "squeal like a pig" anyhow, wouldn't you just squeal as loud and energetically as you could?
And then you wait a few minutes and everything rights itself again... damn, I am so zen and shit...
I have soooo little to say... really... I could run into friggin' Voltaire right now and would be all like, eh, not having anything to say...
Voltaire - You wanna go have a drink with me?
Me - NO, thanks
Thomas Jefferson - So, how has this democracy thing turned out?
Me - Well, you know, eh...
The Buddha - your finger is not the moon
Me - OK
Bush - I am the decider!
Me - Shut the fuck up!


This is from the Triple Door. Beyond being a master of writing things, I am also big in the Jazz "scene" as hipsters like us like to call it. Notice the composition.

Labels: , ,