Sunday, August 06, 2006

Vacation Day 2: Fork in the road, one leads to heaven and the other to Hell

Sigh,
Oh-kay... Power struggles are starting over who gets to make the decisions... it would be so simple if it was between me and the old lady, I would just get pouty for a while or she would kick my ass and we would get on with it, but the real power struggle is between child A and child B and me and child A and me and child B and me and child A and B...
I think it looks like this...
A vs. B, B vs. A,
A vs. Me, B vs. Me, A&B vs. Me, A vs. Me&B, B vs. Me&A
Current struggle = Swimming.
Now, If I say we are not going swimming, A&B will throw a hissy fit because they want to go... If I say we ARE going swimming then either A or B will throw a hissy fit because they do not want to go... We are currently in the "Let me take you swimming right now" challenge... A is already suited up and ready to roll, B refuses to go swimming until she is ready to go, and I quote, "I don't want to go until I want to go and I will tell you when I want to go in a little while"...
The only reason I really bring this up considering I am on vacation and should be above this is because I am on vacation and should be above this... but I have this need to maintain this happy cloud of happiness and/or denial... must not rock the boat, must maintain positive vibe, cannot start trip on bad note...
I figure if I start today with the happy-happy then we can roll right into tomorrow and leave the house early without any problems or crying or whining... Ain't that a hoot?
Ahh, it has really started now...
A is ready to go, B doesn't want to go still, decided she is going to stay out and play with her friend, I told them there are 2 options:
1) Lets go swimming and have a good time and shit...
2) Stay in and take care of business, cleaning, showering, packing, etc...
This resulted in crying and shouting and fighting... B still refusing to go swimming, so I haul both of them in and throw them in their room...
"Git to cleaning!!!" I gently suggest to them...
"SCREAM!!!" they reply.
"Shut your trap!!!" I offer up on a soft pillow.
"I don't want to!!!" retort them
"Rage and grumble and shout" counter-retort I...
WINNER!!!
They are currently busy little bees... I had to give final instructions not to speak to each other, and suprisingly it has been very quiet... I give it 5 minutes before someone comes out and tattles or they decide they are done and ready to go swimming... but it is too late, the chisel has dropped (cause I writ it in stone, you dig) and stuff...