Monday, April 16, 2007

Hey all ya'll...

So, the other day I am waiting for the bus, when this chick comes walking up to the stop (this was in the morning) with this other chick... Now dig this, I know the one chick from the bus stop, she is there most mornings, I know the other chick because she is the daughter of this chick that we dog sit for (ADO)... I was all like, "HEY!" and she was all like, "HI" and we chit chatted about how we knew each other and what she was doing at the bus stop so early in the morning... it was all very innocent.
So we got on the bus and I got this sweet seat at the front, facing forward like a big boy, and these chicks sit on the bench seat directly in front of me. The daugther of the chick who we dog sit for was sitting closest to me... about this far away [---], you know, pretty close.
So I put on my headphones and start listening to my music and signing in my head (I sing very well in my head) and trying not to bob my head or tap my foot... It was a mellow day on the bus... I didn't need to put anyone in their place, you know, by popping them in the jaw, although I did have swift and justi at the ready, just in case... I was just looking out the window. But, out the peripheral of my vision I keep seeing these gals, talking and having a good time... The bus was rocking and swaying... I shifted in my seat, ended up a little closer to the one gal. We hit a bump and I ended up moving a little, closer... I was a little self conscious about this but didn't want to, you know, make any obvious movements away... I was trying to get away, I just didn't want her to, you know, get all excited or get the wrong idea if our knees started bumping and grinding together, over and over, just, you know, bumping and bumping and bumping then maybe grinding together with the gentle swaying of the bus, like we were on a boat in the south pacific wearing nothing but nothing... you know what I mean???
So I just kinda tried to shift away like it weren't no big thing... but my pants were slick or something, and I kept seeming to slide closer... And this went on for what seemed like FOREVER, and the road gets progressively more bumpy and bumpy, and I was scared to look, but it seemed like everytime the bus went BUMP my knee when GRIND, bump and grind, bump and grind... and I didn't want to look to see what my knee was grinding on...
Finally... finally we were downtown, we got to the courthouse, and the one gal got off the bus, I looked up and gave her a nod, like, "Good day to you" and I looked at the remaining gal, the one that I had shared so much with over the course of the last half an hour, and you know what? You know what she did? She slid down to the end of her seat so she was a good 3 to 4 feet away and she was clutching her bag to her chest. She looked at me and then she looked down to the empty space on the seat and she made this FACE at me, like she was disgusted by me or something, or like I was a space hog or something, and she was all like, "There you go you bastard pervert!!!" or like I was going to attack her or something and she was all like: "Please don't attack me!!!" Oh, she kinda played it off, like it weren't no big deal, you know, but HEY, that's my deal, if anyone were going to play it off it should have been me... But I would have done it more like it was a special gift I had given her, like: "Hey, there you go, that should give you something to think about, weren't no big deal, you know, I like to give the ladies a little something wherever I go" and maybe a little wink and a smile... glitter and shine...
Let me tell you, I was a little confused, a little embarrassed... I think I mumbled something, tried to play it off... "Have a good day?!?" or something... but I can't stop thinking about it... Did I do something wrong? I ain't one of the smelly people, am I? Was it my breath? Was I too bold? What???
Big sigh....

******************
So we had a good anniversary last week... we still love each other and stuff, it is pretty rockin'...
My lovely wife dropped the kids off at the Chows for a sleep over and she busted her ass down here so we could go to dinner. I took it on myself to make reservations for us at Etta's, which is only a short walk away... We had always wanted to go to one of Tom Douglas' restaurants, you know, and I thought this would be SWEET... We walked in the rain, holding hands, smiling and being happy.
OK, so dork of the year award coming up:
We got to the restaurant and I told them I had reservations, but looking in the dining room it was pretty obvious that we could have just walked in and gotten served, but oh well...
So we get all sat down and get our bread and I order a coffee and the waiter is all like: "Do you have any questions?" and I bust out with:
"Hey, is Tom here?!?!?!?"
DORK!!!!
I swear the waiters sphincter probably shrunk 3 sizes when I asked him that... DERRRRRR...
He said no and played it off like it weren't no big thing, but I was immediately embarrassed and my old lady let me know what a major knob I was... but with love in her eyes... I tried to keep it cool through the rest of the meal... We had oysters for an appetizer... FREAKIN' TASTY, yo... yumm...
The old lady ordered up a steak, Kobe beef... I ordered the Crab Cakes... I swear to gawd the waiter rolled his eyes when I ordered them... like I was some sort of groupie... anyhow, the meal was good, just good... We were expecting more, something magical... nope, it was just good... but at least we did it...
Then we walked back down through Pike Place, I was funny, the lovely one was happy... We went home, it was quiet... yadda yadda yadda... We ended up going to the grocery store for some ice cream and stuff... Friday evening, our anniversary, the 13th of April, 11 years later, 10ish at night, we were at the grocery store... and it was all good... We went back home, she ate ice cream and I ate peanut butter cups. She did some work on the computer, I watched a crappy Nicholas Cage movie... I stayed up late and then went to bed... slept in, it was still quiet... We watched Little Miss Sunshine, it was good... yadda yadda yadda... then the kids came home and it was loud again... But it was ok cause we missed the girls anyhow...

***
Ahhh, I am losing my steam, should wrap this bad boy up...
Let's see... Uhh, I am out of training now, done, as far as I am concerned...
Brought my camera in and am gonna take a picture of the view from the rockstar desk...
There is apparently, perhaps, a slight flare up in the Korean Conflict... Seems the mad Korean is, uhh, mad at Chuck Fishback... I am gonna stay out of it, will be Denmark in this instance (screw the Swiss)...
Oh, and I noticed that the Red Bear quit the Shiny Happy Friends and removed the link to me from his blog... this is sad to me, but I guess he felt a need to move on... So it goes...

Labels: , ,